a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Thursday, August 04, 2005

reading everyone's blogs it seems like the entire world is camping, except me. Very frustrating, but this time next week I will be residing in a tent up north, no doubt sporting a lurvely pair of wellies and a mac, wishing I was at home in front of my PC. So it all comes to those who wait. I'm really looking forward to my week off, work is quite exhausting really, and it's a wee bit stressful at times. Starting a new job is great, and I like the people and the company, but it will be nice to have a week where the hot topic of the day is not disciplinaries and absence, but rather "what time do you need to get up to put the porridge on" and "do we put out 2 packets of bourbons at elevensies or do we go for the safer option of 1 packet of bourbons and one packet of Nice biscuits"... ah the dilemmas......

Before speeding up north i'm hopefully going to spend a couple of days in south wales, which should be fun. Good to get some time away with the man, and see a bit of the sea. The programme Coast on BBC2 keeps telling me that you're only 72 miles (or soemthing like that) away from a coast, I'm sure Cheltenham must be that mid-point. It would be great to live by the sea.... fresh air, knotted hankies, seagulls, fish and chips, what more can you want.


On a completely different note, my slacker use of a laptop, without proper keyboard, over the past 4 months has finally taken it's toll and I seem to have developed really painful wrists. No dodgy comments please, this really does bloody hurt! I've got msyelf a proper keyboard now and wrist support but it's been a real shocker to me. I guess it's not so much the actual pain, it's the fact that, in my mind, this means I'm now starting to suffer from "old people's" complaints. This isn't the sort of thing young people deal with, it's the thin end of the wedge, soon it'll be varicose veins, ringing in the ears, creaky hips.... oh god my mind is going overtime.... I've gone to the dogs..... help me i'm melting.....

No comments: