a scary insight into the mind of a ginger person

Friday, April 15, 2005

back home

after 4 nights away, which is a little too much. but at least I'm working from home today. have re-acquainted myself with cats - who are pissed off with me at the moment, not least for having been away. There is a ginger cat which has taken to visiting my back garden late at night. My two spend most evenings sitting ,looking out the patio doors waiting for it to arrive - with their little bottoms sticking out under the curtains. The cat tends, however, to,arrive about 3 in the morning and (when i am here) I am usually woken by the dull thud of one or two of my darlings running straight for him, but actually hitting the patio window. Then i get a loud, low growling/yowling sound, and then the two of them run around like headless chickens because they can't get out the back, and haven't grasped the concept that the catflap at the front logically provides the means to get in the back garden and kick the shit out of the little bugger.

I have therefore taken to shutting them in the kitchen at night when I am in, which allows them shelter and food and access to outside. But I hate it, as their little faces when I open the door in the morning breaks my heart.

Tough love eh. I need to watch more of those parenting programmes to appreciate the harsh realities of being a mum.

No comments: